Saturday, October 3, 2009

Welcome to my world

"You're makin' memories girls!" Nearly every week of my junior high and high school years I heard my amazing youth group leader, Debbie, tell my best friends and I those very words. Over and over and over until we were copying her and giggling over it like average teenage girls do. We'd roll our eyes and groan and say the typical, "I know, I know".

One funny thing about humans is we can hear something without really listening. Example? The lawn mower has been humming in the background of my thoughts for the past hour. But until I focus on that sound and assign it meaning, I'm not listening to it. It's completely meaningless.

Looking back today, I am awe struck at how many times my friends and I were laughing and joking, never realizing that the very moment we were living would become one of our fondest memories. At the time these moments were meaningless words and giggles. Today, I look back and listen again and again to the memory forever sealed in my mind.

In this blog I want to share the moments that become memories. Some from the past, some from today. But always a moment that is a classic "makin' memories" moment. After all "we're makin' memories" every day!

Edit: The original idea of this blog was for only memories but as you can see in the description, that's changed a bit. I want to use this blog to glorify God through the gifts of memories that He gives! Read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment